To ensure a standardized test administration, the Maine Department of Education, in collaboration the testing vendor, Measured Progress, has created materials to assist in the test administration process.
For more technical assistance during the testing window, contact the Measured Progress Maine Educational Assessment (MEA) Service Center at 1-866-615-2745.
The following 2013-14 test administration materials will be posted throughout the academic year:
- Maine Operational Procedures. (RTF, 12,000KB) This document is intended for use in conjunction with the MEA Accommodations Guide (below), and both the MEA Principal/Test Coordinator Manual and the MEA Test Administrator Manual, to assist schools with enrollment, participation and administration issues.
- MEA Accommodations
- Accommodations Guide. (RTF, 12,000KB) This document provides educators with the standard test accommodations that are
allowable for all students. In order to make sure that all students are given
access to test accommodations that they may need during State testing, it is
vital for test administrators to become familiar with allowable accommodations
and the appropriate ways to administer them.
- Table of MEA Allowable Accommodations. (RTF, 114KB) This document is extracted from the MEA Accommodations Guide and is intended to be used as a quick reference guide. Detailed information about specific accommodations can be found within the complete accommodations guide.
- Approved Bilingual Dictionaries. This document provides educators with the approved bilingual dictionaries for use with English learners.
- Accommodations Guide. (RTF, 12,000KB) This document provides educators with the standard test accommodations that are allowable for all students. In order to make sure that all students are given access to test accommodations that they may need during State testing, it is vital for test administrators to become familiar with allowable accommodations and the appropriate ways to administer them.
- Principal/Test Coordinator Manual. (PDF, 875KB) This document is intended to assist in the coordination of all test-related activities.
- Special Consideration Form. ([PDF, 25KB] | [DOC, 52KB]) This document is intended to be used in the rare instances when a student cannot participate in either instruction or assessment. In these cases, a request for State approval of non-participation must be made. The State-approved reasons for allowing non-participation fall within four broad areas outlined within the document.
- Test Administrator Manuals. These documents help ensure a standardized test environment in all testing sites across the state. The manuals address the responsibilities of the test administrator and provide the required scripts.
- Test Design. (PDF, 14KB) Learn more about the test design in advance of the test administration.
- Testing Schedule. (PDF, 142KB) This is a quick reference to the overall testing requirements for each content area. It includes the required amount of time and the order of administration.