Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
The Common Core State Standards, which are incorporated into the Maine Learning Results, is a single set of clear educational standards for mathematics that 45 states, including Maine, have voluntarily adopted and share. These standards are designed to ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared to go to college or enter the workforce, and parents, teachers and students have a clear understanding of what is expected of them.
Access the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM)
- Read CCSSM online
- Download CCSSM
- CCSSM with Linked References (PDF, 509KB). This document was developed at the University of Arizona by Bill McCallum, one of the lead writers of the CCSSM, and his team.
- Tables. Throughout the standards you will find reference to tables that provide further information and support for understanding the expectations of the CCSSM. There are five tables, some of which are also referenced in the glossary.
- Comprehensive Book-Study Approach to the CCSSM. The NoteShare Notebooks, developed by Maine Department of Education Mathematics Specialist Michele Mailhot, contain the complete CCSSM, organized by grade span: K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and high school.
- Appendix A: Designing High School Courses Based on the CCSSM. This document provides possible pathways for organizing accelerated middle and high school math courses based on the Common Core State Standards.
- Application for English Language Learners (PDF). This document provides information regarding the application of the Common Core State Standards for English language learners with respect to best practices.
- Application for Students with Disabilities (PDF). This document provides information regarding the application of the Common Core State Standards for students with disabilities with respect to best practices and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
- Professional Development Resources for CCSSM. These professional development resources have been developed and used within the State of Maine to support efforts in understanding and implementing the CCSSM.