Cross Discipline Literacy Network
This professional learning network is intended to foster literacy practices that support learning across content areas. The goal of the literacy network is to provide K-12 educators’ access to professional learning communities focused on content literacy strategies that:
- Build capacity for educators to engage in collaborative, reflective study around literacy practices that benefit content area teaching and learning;
- Promote ongoing literacy learning and sharing across content areas among professionals throughout Maine; and
- Increase student achievement of learning standards through improved literacy instruction across content areas.
The network operates throughout Maine, utilizing both online webinar sessions interspersed between face-to-face networking sessions.
- 2013-14 Cross Discipline Literacy Network (CDLN) Details. Follow these steps to learn about and register for the 2013-14 CDLN:
- Archived 2012-13 Webinars. The literacy strands support the Common Core State Standards for ELA and Literacy Across the Disciplines, and include both content area focused strands (e.g. science, social studies, math, etc.) and general literacy strands (e.g. text complexity, writing instruction, and word study). The webinars were developed and delivered by Maine DOE content specialists and Maine educators with discipline specific expertise at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.