Literacy for ME:
Maine's Comprehensive State Literacy Plan
Literacy for ME unifies the efforts of several state agencies and community groups as well as Maine’s public schools to provide direction and support to improve literacy achievement. Increasing demands for a variety of literacy skills and rapidly changing technology that affects how we work and how we communicate have combined to highlight the need to modify our perceptions of literacy, literacy instruction and the role of literacy in our daily lives.
- Navigate the plan index with links to all sections
- View or download the complete plan (PDF, 343KB)
- View or download a summary of the plan (PDF, 48KB)
Literacy for ME Community Webinar Series 2012-13
In an effort to support the ongoing planning work of community literacy teams, the Maine Department of Education will be providing a series of webinars focused on various aspects of community literacy planning. Learn more.
- Learn more about establishing a literacy team in your community.
- Literacy for ME Toolkit
- Tydings Waiver Request for FFY10 Funds
- Watch a video recording of the Literacy for ME launch in Lewiston*
- View or download a transcript from the event. (PDF, 45KB)
- Find more on the Literacy for ME Resources page
For more information, contact Lee Anne Larsen, Literacy Specialist for the Maine DOE.
*This presentation is in Flash format. In order to view the presentation, you will need to have the Adobe Flash Player loaded on your computer. Most PCs are already equipped with this program; if your computer does not have the Flash Player, or you wish to upgrade, you can download the program for free. This is a fast and safe download directly from Adobe.