The quality and the organization of the files that we obtain varies greatly from institution to institution. Sometimes it is very difficult to locate a requested record, and sometimes it is impossible. Therefore, we ask that you provide as much information as you can to help us in our search.
In your request please indicate:
- The name of the closed school
- Your full name
- Any other name you might have used while attending the school
- Year(s) you attended
- Your date of birth and/or social security number
- Your address at the time you attended the school
- Your current contact Information, including address, telephone and email address
Methods of Submission
You may submit requests via mail or email. Either way, there is a $3 fee per copy of your records. Make checks payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine.
Mail requests to:
Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
Email requests and related questions to:
Please put the term "Transcript Request " in the subject line of your email. Please be advised that Maine DOE will not mail any transcript(s) until your payment received via mail.
Note: Maine DOE will not be able to provide or verify any information not found on an academic transcript.