The Maine Department of Education offers teachers and parents resources for teaching gifted students and provides Maine school district administrators the guidance they need to develop and maintain gifted and talented programs. Implementation of gifted and talented programs remains entirely a local decision.
- Annual Budget Approvals. See approved gifted and talented program budgets from 2009 to the present.
- Curriculum & Program Options. Educators may find these materials helpful when developing local gifted and talented programs.
- Forms for Annual Program Approval. Local gifted and talented programs must submit these forms annually.
- Identification of Gifted & Talented Students. Sample forms to help educators identify and nominate a student as gifted and talented in a variety of areas.
- Program Evaluations. Program evaluation consists of reviewing each component of the gifted and talented program to determine to what degree the program is making a difference.