Guided Study to Appendix A
After completing the following guided study activities, the Maine Department of Education English language arts (ELA) team recommends you predict what will be the biggest challenges for you and your colleagues in the implementation of the Common Core ELA standards (before you go any further and based entirely on what you have read in the first Appendix), which are part of the Maine Learning Results. You may have potential actions to take in order to implement the standards. Note: "You” may be interpreted in the singular or plural.
- Activity 1 – Prioritize Text Complexity (RTF, 133KB)
- Activity 2 – Determining Text Complexity (RTF, 5MB)
- Activity 3 – Implementing Text Complexity (RTF, 162KB)
- Activity 4 – Phonemes and Graphemes (RTF, 414KB)
Speaking and Listening
- Activity 7 – Speaking and Listening (RTF, 1.8MB)