Data Coordination Training Strand
Data have become a driving force behind efforts to improve student achievement and ensure successful outcomes. In recent years, there has been a growing awareness that effective teaching, efficient schools and quality data are linked. The focus of this strand is to enable data coordinators to help create a culture of data quality through effective data policies and procedures.
Support staff in:
- Recognizing and utilizing policies and procedures that promote data quality
- Understanding and implementing standards and guidelines for data quality
- Obtaining appropriate training and support for data quality
- Maximizing the use of timelines and calendars to plan for data quality
- Realizing the interdependence of hardware, software and network resources affecting data quality
- The importance of data quality: entering, validating and correcting data
- Use of the Data Standards documents for staff and student data
- Full use of reports in Infinite Campus – State Edition (and a spreadsheet application).
- Obtaining, creating, and executing data collection, reporting, and validation procedures and guidelines
- Obtaining professional development to support ongoing collection, reporting and validation
- Creation and use of statewide and local data calendars
- Exploring the data entry environment, both physically and electronically
- District secretaries
- Centralized registrars
- Data coordinators
- Others in similar roles who fulfill these duties
Registration & Participation
Register online to participate in the Data Coordination Training Strand. The Maine DOE uses the online tool Moodle to accept registrations and manage its various data quality certification programs.