Data Management Mission
The mission of the Data Management Team is to oversee the Department of Education’s data management practices for the purpose of optimizing its use of data and achieving the following goals:
- Ensure data produced and distributed will be reliable and consistent across all educational entities
- Minimize the data collection and reporting burden on local education agencies and the Department of Education
- Reduce or eliminate duplicate data collections
- Ensure compliance with State and federal privacy regulations
- Increase access to and use of data
- Coordinate the department’s data collection efforts with other appropriate State and Federal offices and agencies
The Data Management Team (DMT) consists of a standing membership drawn from the Department of Education leadership and program managers, local education agency representatives and the Education Data Manager. The members are responSIble for making decisions regarding policy implementation and operations for specific functional areas and participating in decisions requiring system-wide policy and operations. Members in individual functional areas are responsible for ensuring that administrative system applications that create, capture and update data elements incorporate edit and validation checks to protect data integrity. Associate members of the Data Management Team represent specific functional areas within the Department, other state agencies, federal partners and vendors. They are invited to committee meetings on an as needed basis.
If you wish to contact the Data Management Team with suggestions, questions or concerns, please e-mail them at DOE.Data@maine.gov. You can also follow them on Twitter at @mdoeData.