The Maine Department of Education regularly reports scores from the standardized tests taken by Maine students.
- New England Common Assessment Program. School-, district- and state-level scores from Maine's primary math and reading assessment for students in grades 3 through 8.
- Maine High School Assessment. School- and district-level scores from the SAT -- which tests 11th-grade students' proficiency in math, reading and writing -- and Maine's 11th-grade science assessment.
- Maine Educational Assessment. School-, district- and state-level scores from Maine's test of science achievement in fifth and eighth grades.
- Personalized Alternate Assessment Portfolio. State-level results from the alternative to Maine's required assessments for students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- National Assessment of Educational Progress. Maine students' results from the largest continuous and nationally representative assessment of what students across the nation know and can do in mathematics, reading, science and writing.
- Adequate Yearly Progress Status of Maine Schools. Learn whether your school has met the test performance and student attendance benchmarks associated with the federal No Child Left Behind Act. This determination is based largely on student performance on the New England Common Assessment Program and Maine High School Assessment tests in math and reading.