Maine Career Clusters
The Maine Career Clusters framework is comprised of 10 career clusters and related career pathways to help students explore different career options and better prepare for college and career. The career clusters and related career pathways serve as an organizing tool for the state, communities, centers and regions to develop more effective programs of study and curriculum.
The following 10 career clusters, along with the career and technical education (CTE) special needs category, organize the programs offered at CTE schools.
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Architecture, Construction & Manufacturing
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- Business Management, Administration, Finance, Marketing, Sales & Service
- CTE Special Needs/Employability Skills
Note: The CTE Special Needs/Employability Skills tech group is in the process of identifying an industry-related standard to replace the statewide standards that were designed in 2001. The new standard will be posted upon its acceptance by the Maine Education Commissioner and Maine Administrators of Career and Technical Education.
- Education & Public Services
- Health & Human Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Culinary Arts
- Travel and Tourism Management. No information is yet available for this category.
- Public Safety & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) & Information Technology