Many resources are available for concussion prevention and management. A few of the resources are listed here and provide more in-depth information.
- Maine Concussion Management Initiative. Based at Colby College, this program has resulted in the neuro-cognitive screening of more than 14,000 student athletes and training for more than 250 healthcare and athletics professionals in concussion awareness and management.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Heads Up Program. A comprehensive tool for concussion prevention and management, the Heads Up program offers answers to the following questions:
- Assessing Outcome of Brain Injuries in Children. This report is intended for healthcare professionals.
- Facts About Concussion & Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. The CDC offers quick facts about signs and symptoms of concussions and ways to feel better.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Prevention & Control. Learn how to prevent brain injury at all ages, courtesy of the CDC.
- Addressing Concussion in Sports Among Kids & Teens. Explore pathophysiology, diagnosis management and prevention of concussions, from the NFL, the CDC Foundation and the CDC.