Note: We are no longer mailing fingerprint cards or certificates as proof of credentials. For proof of credentials please Check Application Status through the NEO System. You may print the NEO application status screen for proof of credentials.
- Anyone who works for a school district that is over 18
- Anyone who is contracted through a school district
- Volunteers may be asked to be fingerprinted at the discretion of the school district
- Step 1:Download, Complete and Mail the Application Approval Form*Don't forget to include the $15.00 fee
- Step 2:Register with our Fingerprinting PartnerIdentoGO They have a processing fee of $55.
- Note:IdentoGO will provide you with an ID and Confirmation, be sure to keep that.
- If Renewing:be sure to register as a "new hire" or IdentoGO will redirect you back to the Department of Education.
- Every 5 Years, unless you have been continuously employed by a school district in Maine.
- **Coaches and Substitute Teachers must be fingerprinted every 5 years regardless of continuous employment.
- Find Approved IdentoGO Locations
- Out of State Applicants: You will recieve specific location details after you are registered withIdentoGO
- You will need to provide your last name, DOB and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Check Fingerprint Status