Office Operations Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Office Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Operations Manager
Provide assistance to the Office Operations Manager and other site employees with daily site functions.? Serve as the site’s first level of contact with client base including phone calls, client and visitor contact.? Maintain data for required site recordkeeping and assist with site correspondence and mail, all in a confidential manner.
REPRESENTATIVE TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inquires and route all calls to site personnel.
- Order, receive, and maintain inventory of supplies, brochures, and equipment via online purchase requests.
- Handle and distribute all in-going and out-going site mail.
- Copy and distribute educational records to IFSP/IEP members, e.g. evaluations, ISFP/IEPs, progress reports (not all members will be able to access Case-E website).
- Maintain a system of custody tracking for loaned equipment.
- Compile and distribute correspondence to board members.? Record and transcribe board meeting minutes.
- Maintain room calendars for therapies and meetings.
- Maintain an updated list of referral sources.
- Arrange individual and group screenings at site and at programs.
- Manage referrals; collect basic child and family information.
- Assign cases to case managers; balance caseloads.
- Prepare screening folders and permanent files.
- Maintain confidential and non-confidential files inclusive of record destruction.
- Assist with “queries” and provide data reports as directed (monthly, in most cases) for management purposes.? Data would include, but not be limited to: referrals, screenings, evaluations, service plans, exits, federal compliance, unmet needs, finances, disability categories, and trends of all of the above.
- Verify accuracy of data with service coordinators, make website entries and verify B-2 and 3-5 Child Counts with DOE.
PROVIDER AND SUPPORT CONTRACTS:
- Maintain updated lists of area providers from various disciplines.
- Issue contracts as directed; receive from providers and obtain Director signature; send copies to providers and DOE.
- Maintain up-dated list of active contracts sorted by type.
- Renew contracts each fiscal year.? Verify year end pending invoices for audit.
- Send copies of all contracts to the state IEU for encumbering state purchase orders.
- Obtain and maintain current file of provider licenses, certifications & insurance policies verification; update annually and as needed.
- Receive record, deposit checks into State IEU checking account.? Send coding information to State IEU.
- Process travel and other reimbursement claims from parents and staff; forward to State IEU for payment.
- Prepare information for audits, including workers’ compensation audits
- Ensure quarterly progress reports and evaluation reports are received prior to approval of invoices in the X-logs system.
- Help to clear suspended invoices and facilitate invoice approvals.
- Associate Degree in related field and two years comparable experience or,
- High School diploma and five years comparable experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations