Archived Arts Education Webinars
The Maine Department of Education and the Maine Learning Technology Initiative hosted webinars throughout the 2011-12 school year on the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative and how it impacts teaching and learning in our schools. Visual arts educator Catherine Ring, music educator Rob Westerberg and guests hosted the webinar series.
The seven webinars were designed to engage teachers and administrators alike. Each program addressed the key components of the initiative. These webinars have an accompanying "meeting plan" that school leaders can use or adapt to facilitate faculty meetings, conversations or study groups looking at quality arts assessment practices. The "meeting plans" are posted with each webinar.
- Why Arts Assessment? The Maine Arts Education Assessment Initiative Overview | Meeting Plan (RTF, 85KB)
- Building an Online Arts Education Community With You. Learn how to create an online network of support for ongoing work. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 116KB)
- Standards-Based Assessment in the Arts. Describes development within national standards work and the connection to Maine's Learning Results. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 76KB)
- Leadership and the Arts. Learn about the role of teachers, administrators and the greater community in arts education. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 66KB)
- An Elementary Discussion: How in the World Can I Possibly Do This? Addresses the unique needs of elementary school arts educators. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 56KB)
- The Maine Arts Assessment Initiative: What We've Learned. Educators share the lessons learned over a year and a half. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 77KB)
- Back to the Future: Arts Teachers Lead the Way. Former Education Commissioner Stephen Bowen talks about his perspectives on arts education in Maine and its connections with the Maine DOE strategic plan. | Meeting Plan (RTF, 66KB)