Materials for Educators
The Maine Department of Education Office of Adult Education has compiled the following resources for adult educators providing adult basic education classes as well as Maine College Transition courses.
- Maine Adult Education Curriculum- Based Education Project. College Transitions programs are not required to use these curricula,
but the Maine DOE has compiled these resources for local use.
- Advising Form (RTF, 1MB). Sample advisor-student agreement form, provided by Merrymeeting Adult Education in Topsham.
- College Access Career Advising Resources (RTF, 39KB). Compiled list of resources for occupation and wage research as well as job searches.
- College Transitions and Language Arts Preparation. Tips, activities and resources to prepare College Transitions students in English language arts.
- College Transitions and Math Preparation (RTF, 71KB). Math topics from the University of Maine at Augusta.
- Integrating Stress Management into College Transitions. Learn how to incorporate stress management tools into your work.
- College Transitions Syllabi. Examples of syllabi successfully used by programs in Maine.