Maine College Transitions Program
Maine College Transitions is a comprehensive program of study leading to enrollment and success in a post-secondary institution. The program includes career planning, case management and data collection; instruction in college preparation coursework; and the development of a peer cohort and/or coaching system.
College Transitions is offered through local adult education programs and provides high-quality, cost-effective and accessible pathways to post-secondary education for adults. Adults who are studying to earn high school degrees receive help in transitioning to college, and adults who have high school degrees receive preparatory support for college. Counseling, mentoring and support services are provided to enable these adults to successfully transition to college and earn degrees.
- Program Locations. Contact information for each of the College Transitions programs in Maine.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Learn more about the Maine College Transitions program.
- Grant & Year-End Report Forms. College Transitions programs must submit these forms to the Maine Department of Education each year.
- Maine's Adult Education Curriculum-Based Project. College Transitions programs are not required to use these curricula, but the Maine DOE has compiled these resources for local use.
- Materials for Educators. Tips, activities and resources for College Transitions educators.
- College Transitions Syllabi. Examples of syllabi successfully used by programs in Maine.