High School Completion/HiSET ™

If you're an adult without a high school diploma, the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET™) could be your route to improved career prospects, a college education and increased earnings potential. HiSET™ replaces the GED in Maine. The Maine Department of Education offers assistance to those seeking to earn their HiSET™ or Adult High School Diploma. If you already earned a GED and need a diploma, scroll down for more information.

HiSET™, covers the same content areas as the current GED and allows test-takers to demonstrate proficiency of the academic skills expected by employers and post-secondary institutions.

The HiSET™ provides adults with an opportunity to obtain a certificate with the legal standing of a high school diploma through a pre-testing, preparation and testing program.

Adult High School Completion

Adult High School Diploma programs are central to the mission and tradition of Maine Adult Education. These are secondary educational offerings that lead to a high school diploma awarded by the local district. Because programs vary from location to location, please contact your local Adult Education office for more information.

Request GED Transcripts/Diplomas

Students and programs in Maine can request GED and HiSET transcripts or diplomas using the DiplomaSender website. DiplomaSender provides a single source, internet-based service to accurately manage all high school equivalency testing and diploma data in an environment that is secure and accessible.