Adult Education and Family Literacy Act
The U.S. Office of Adult Education and Family Literacy administers the federally-funded adult education grant program in Maine, as authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under Title II of the Workforce Investment Act. Follow the links below for more information about resources and requirements for AEFLA-funded program management.
- AEFLA 2015
- AEFLA 2015 Allocations. Local programs participating in AEFLA with AEFLA 2015 allocations
- AEFLA 2014 Year End Forms
- AEFLA Narrative Questions Due August 15, 2014 (RTF, 43KB). Grantees must submit answers to these narrative questions each year.
- AEFLA 2014 Allocations (XLS, 460KB). Local programs participating in AEFLA with AEFLA allocations listed by year.
- Implement National Reporting System for Adult Education. Read guidelines for implementing measures and methods for a National Reporting System.
- Program Standards & Performance Indicators. Performance indicators are available; however, the program standards are in the process of being revised. Revisions will be posted when completed.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) (RTF, 667KB). The Maine Department of Education has awarded 45 grants under the federal Workforce Investment Act, Title II, AEFLA, to operate adult literacy programs in fiscal years 2014 through 2017. This RFP is for background information only.