Interventions and Supports Work Group
Meeting and communication norms
In order to undertake the highly complex work of collaboratively developing a successful ESEA Flexibility application, we are committed to:
- Building on and supporting one another’s efforts;
- Acknowledging and encouraging different approaches as we collaborate;
- Trusting in the integrity of one another;
- Monitoring our air time in group gatherings;
- Communicating openly, clearly, and directly;
- Acknowledging and honoring different perspectives;
- Assuming positive intentions of all members;
- Make use of ‘Parking Lot’ to list and keep track of ideas and questions not directly related to the meeting’s agenda that will need to be addressed at a later date.
- Workgroup members unable to attend a meeting may designate an alternate to attend in their stead. It is the responsibility of both the alternate and the member they are replacing to keep one another apprised.
- Be willing to momentarily suspend disbelief in order to fully contemplate the value of all ideas.