AMO Meeting Agenda - June 20, 2012
12:00 - 4:00 PM; Burton Cross State Office Building, Room 537
Outcomes - Goals for the meeting
- Continue to address the elements required in the new AMO system, and
- Determine specific next steps related to the AMO Group.
12:00 PM - Welcome, overview, and adjustments to the agenda
12:10 - Review of the group’s determinations to date
12:20 - Discussion and determination of responses to the following questions from the previous meeting:
- Should writing scores be included in the AMO methodology? If so, to what extent?
- Should other measures, such as attendance, be included?
- How should growth be determined?
- How will each of the measures be combined to identify schools?
- How many categories of school performance should there be? (Under the ESEA Flexibility program, there must be at least three categories.) What terminology should be used to identify each category?
- Should the ‘n’ size currently being used be revised?
- Given that schools and subgroups will have different beginning targets, should there be an established threshold?
2:15 - Break
2:30 - Continue addressing the 7 questions above
3:45 - Summary of remaining and/or additional questions to address along with specific needs to support the Workgroup’s efforts
4:00 - Closure: next steps and meeting schedule