Maine Lobster Zone E Council Meeting Minutes
Lobster Zone E Meeting Notes
Lincoln County Communications Center - Wiscasset
January 25, 2010
Time of Meeting: Start 6:36 PM
1. Updates = Lobster Advisory Council Updates
2. NMFS = New model on Herring price going to be high
4. Wet storage on gear = the law as it goes is not working
5. 3 year mandatory loss of license for molesting gear
6. The state has to come up with a better plan:
a. group or panel of license holders to decide
b. Having state pull license instead of court
7. DMR Updates: B and C double tagging of traps and is in the middle of rule making
8. District. Representatives
9. Ghost gear with Laura Ludwig. They have received a grant to take up old gear stuck on the bottom.
10. Elimination of Districts: The main problem; not enough guys show up to have a meeting. which in return Zone E fishermen are in the dark on what goes on state and federal. Vote to change council = all voted to do away with small districts with very few people. District 6, 4 and 7 would be gone so we could have a better chance to get a meeting. From 13 to 11 districts.
11. Legislation: New Bills = LD1560, LD1584, LD1593, Zone E backed Zone B and C on 3 trap trawl to be lifted: LD1584 was voted to leave lobsters out of it. 1593 Processing lobsters to have lobster parts, council voted unanimously; 1604 No more power for the Commissioner.
12. Whale issues again
Meeting All Done Adjourn 9:05 pm