DEPT. OF MARINE RESOURCES
- About DMR
- Aquarium, Library, Lighthouse, Education
- Commercial Fisheries
- Councils, Meetings, etc.
- Health & Safety: Is it Safe to Eat/Swim/Fish?
- Laws and Regulations
- Marine Patrol
- Municipal Shellfish
- Recreational Fishing
- Research and Surveys
- Species Info (lobsters, clams, whales, etc.)
- Weather, Tides, Sunrise, Environmental Data
- Wetlands, Permit Review
Maine Marine Patrol
- Contact Information
- Employment Opportunities, Process, and Requirements
- History of Marine Patrol
- Marine Patrol Organizational Structure
- Marine Laws and Regulations
- Recreational Boating Safety
- Links to Important Information
- A Virtual Ride-Along with Maine Marine Patrol - Press Release (Nov. 15, 2012) & Video Link, (PDF File, 1 pg. 76 kb) (PDF files may require Adobe Reader software (download here free) to view or print.)
- News from the Marine Patrol, most recent first
- Maine Marine Patrol Gears Up for Operation Dry Water. Read more here.
- Marine Patrol Officers Undergo Water Survival Training. Read more here.
- New Officers Join the Ranks of the Maine Marine Patrol. Read more here.
- Owen Reed Named NECLECA Marine Patrol Officer of the Year. Read more here.
- Maine Operation Game Thief announces partnership with Maine Marine Patrol. Read more here
- Hovercraft Shared by Marine Patrol and Warden Service for Search and Rescue - With ice-bound waterways breaking up and river flooding an increasing threat, the Maine Marine Patrol and the Maine Warden Service are well-equipped for search and rescue operations on both coastal and inland waters thanks to grants from the Outdoor Heritage Fund and the Maine Emergency Management Agency. Read more here
- Colin MacDonald Promoted to Sergeant of Marine Patrol Section 6 - Colin MacDonald a nine year veteran of the Maine Marine Patrol has been promoted to the rank of Sergeant in Section 6, which stretches from the Hancock Bridge to Canadian Border. Read more here
- Marine Patrol Officers Honored for Heroism - Marine Patrol Officers Wesley Dean and Christopher Hilton were honored for heroic acts during the Marine Patrol’s Combined Division meeting on Thursday, March 27. Read more here
- Marine Patrol Officer Rustin Ames Receives MLA Award - Marine Patrol Officer Rustin Ames was named Officer of the Year by the Maine Lobstermen’s Association at the 2014 Maine Fishermen’s Forum in early March. Read more here
- Jay Carroll Takes Helm as Lieutenant of Marine Patrol in Eastern Maine - Jay Carroll, an eighteen-year veteran of the Maine Marine Patrol has recently been promoted to Lieutenant of Marine Patrol’s Division II, which stretches from the St. George River in Thomaston to the Canadian border. Read more here
- Maine Marine Patrol Promotes Matt Talbot and Tom Hale to Sergeant - The Maine Marine Patrol has recently announced the promotion of Matthew Talbot,
a 12-year veteran of the bureau, and Tom Hale, a 16-year veteran, each to the
rank of Sergeant. Read more here
- New Marine Patrol Officer James Mayotte to Serve in Casco Bay - James Mayotte of Boothbay Harbor was sworn in as the newest member of the Maine Marine Patrol after a December 20 graduation ceremony at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy. Read more here
- Marlowe Sonksen Promoted to Lieutenant of Maine Marine Patrol - Marlowe Sonksen, a 28-year veteran of the Maine Marine Patrol has been promoted to the newly created position of the Lieutenant in charge of special services. Read more here
- Rene Cloutier Promoted to Lieutenant of Maine Marine Patrol - Rene Cloutier, a 20-year veteran of the Maine Bureau of Marine Patrol, has been promoted to Lieutenant of Division I, which includes the Maine coast from Kittery to the St. George River. Read more here.