Providing leadership in substance abuse prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery.
Whether you are someone seeking services for yourself or a loved one, an employer looking for workplace solutions, a school system looking at your community’s latest student data, or a student doing research for a paper, we hope you will find this web site useful and informative.
Please email us at email@example.com if you need assistance accessing any information. We are here to assist you.
- Alcohol Use Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Marijuana Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Marijuana: 5 Key Messages for Parents
- Academic Performance and Student Health Risk: Technical Report (PDF)
- Strategic Prevention Plan 2013-2018 (PDF)
- Office Of Substance Abuse Annual Report, 2012 (PDF)
- Problem Gambling Brochures
- Substance Abuse Trends in Maine: State Epidemiological Profile 2014 (PDF)
- Substance Abuse Block Grant Behavioral Health Assessment Plan 2014 (PDF)
- Substance Abuse Services Commission Report on: LD 1501 Resolve (PDF)
- 2010 Report Card on Maine Substance Abuse Services (PDF) from the Maine Substance Abuse Services Commission
- Evaluation of the Impact of Medication Assisted Treatment in Maine, March 2010 (Word | PDF)
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Strategies to Stop the Epidemic, 2013, (PDF) -By Trust for America's Health.
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH): State-level data from the NSDUH shows that Maine residents did not report significantly more misuse of prescription pain relievers than either the national or the northeast population. Map Additionally,
- Maine had declines in the percent of persons 12 and older that needed but did not receive treatment for illicit drug abuse between 2008-2009 and 2011-2012 (from 2.73% to 2.23%).
- Maine had a decrease in underage past month alcohol use between 2008-2009 and 2011-2012 (from 26.61% to 24.72% among 12-20 year olds).
- Maine is in the top 30% of states for past month marijuana use among persons 12 and older, and top 25% for persons 18-25 year olds.
The full report is available at: http://www.samhsa.gov/data/NSDUH/2k10State/NSDUHsae2010/NSDUHsaeTOC2010.pdf
- Survey Shows Youth Alcohol Use Continues to Decrease in Maine Press Release
- The Cost of Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Maine, 2010 (PDF 1.41 MB)
- One-page Summary: Cost, 2010 PDF
- Funding the Efficient and Effective Delivery of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Programs LD 1838/RESOLVE Chapter 142.