Providing leadership in substance abuse prevention, intervention and
Whether you are someone seeking services for yourself or a loved one, an employer looking for workplace solutions, a school system looking at your community’s latest student data, or a student doing research for a paper, we hope you will find this web site useful and informative.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance accessing any information. We are here to assist you.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility: Client Satisfaction Survey 2012 - Adult (PDF)
- Strategic Prevention Plan 2013-2018 (PDF)
- Office Of Substance Abuse Annual Report, 2012 (PDF)
- See us on Facebook
- Problem Gambling Brochures
- Substance Abuse Trends in Maine, March 2012 (PDF, 1.87MB)
- Evaluation of Maine's Strategic Prevention Framework: Final Report 2005-2010
- Substance Abuse Services Commission Report on: LD 1501 Resolve (PDF)
- 2010 Report Card on Maine Substance Abuse Services from the Maine Substance Abuse Services Commission
- Evaluation of the Impact of Medication Assisted Treatment in Maine, March 2010 (Word | PDF)
- Cost Offset of Treatment Services - July 2009, SAMHSA (PDF) -Studies show cost savings associated with provision of substance abuse treatment.
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health: State-level data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) shows that Maine residents did not report significantly more misuse of prescription pain relievers than either the national or the northeast population. http://oas.samhsa.gov/2k7state/MapNonMedPR.pdf
- Maine had significant declines in the percent of 12-17 year olds needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug abuse between 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 (from 6.33% to 4.79%).
- Maine had a significant decrease in underage past month alcohol use between 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 (from 32.30% to 29.60% among 12-20 year olds).
- Maine is in the top fifth of states for past month marijuana use among all age groups (12 and older, 12-17 year olds, 18-25 year olds, 26 and older).
The full report is available at: http://oas.samhsa.gov/2k7state/2k7State.pdf
- Substance Abuse Treatment Block Grant: State Positions and Data Trends (PDF)
(Maine/National data and how Maine measures up to other federally funded substance abuse treatment systems)
- Press Release: Survey Shows Youth Alcohol Use Continues to Decrease in Maine
- The Cost of Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Maine, 2005 Word (2.2 MB) | PDF (440 kb)
- Executive Summary: Cost, 2005 Word | PDF
- Funding the Efficient and Effective Delivery of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Programs LD 1838/RESOLVE Chapter 142.
Guy R. Cousins, LCSW, LADC, CCS, Director
Geoffrey Miller, M.ED.