Rights & Responsibility of a Client
You Have the Right
- To be treated respectfully at all times.
- To be free from all kinds and forms of abuse and exploitation.
- To receive the best care available.
- To be fully involved in all decisions and aspects of your care.
- To refuse any care or treatment.
- To be paid for your work.
- To have access to an advocate.
- To have your privacy respected and confidentiality protected
- To have anyone you designate be informed and involved in your care.
- To have an interpreter or other assistance to communicate your needs.
- To have regular access to phone calls and visitors.
- To continue to worship in your preferred religion
You Have the Responsibility
- To participate in your treatment
- To provide the treatment staff accurate information
- To participate in your unit activities.
- To attend meals in the dinning area
- To attend the treatment mall
- To ask questions if you don’t understand something
- To raise concerns anytime you see or hear something you think is inappropriate.
- To be respectful of the property of other clients
- To be respectful of the property of the staff and this hospital