Behavioral Health Home (BHH) services will be delivered by a Behavioral Health Home Organization (BHHO) that partners with a Health Home primary care practice to deliver comprehensive care management and care coordination services. BHHOs are licensed community mental health providers who meet other criteria as detailed in this RFA. A separate application will be issued for primary care practices that are not currently approved to provide Health Home services and that are interested in partnering with a BHHO to deliver BHH services. A list of current Health Home Practices is available on our Health Home member web page here.
Behavioral Health Home Organization (BHHO) Provider Information
Related Implementation Materials and Forms
- Memorandum of Understanding – Example (.pdf)
- HHP – BHHO Partnership Confirmation (.pdf)
- Summary of Key Changes, MaineCare Benefits Manual Section 92, Behavioral Health Home Services (.pdf)
Behavioral Health Homes Informational Webinar materials, February 5th, 2014
Selected Quality Measures for BHH- 11-25-2013 - Posted 10-11-13
Request for Application (RFA)- Posted 10-11-13
- Behavioral Health Homes Requesf for Application (RFA) (.pdf)
- Application (.pdf) "Please refer to the RFA for the link to the actual RFA application (or actual Notice of Intent form). This document is for reference only."
- Notice of Interest or Intent (.pdf) "Please refer to the RFA for the link to the actual RFA application. This document is for reference only."
Behavioral Health Home Request for Applications (RFA) Questions and Answers
Public Notice of Interest/ Intent (NOI) Response Summary Posted
Information has been posted from respondents to the optional NOI who gave their consent for the Department to share their information. Behavioral Health Organizations and Primary care Practices interested in participating in the Behavioral Health Homes Initiative are encouraged to utilize this list as a tool in their outreach efforts to other providers.
- BHH Public Notice of Interest/Intent Response Summary (.pdf) Updated 12/4/13
Key dates are listed below:
- Informational Sessions:
- October 28, 2013: Augusta Civic Center, 9:00-10:30
- October 29, 2013: Webinar, 2:00- 3:00**
- October 30, 2013: Webinar, 11:00- 12:00**
- Optional Notice of Intent/ Interest Survey due - November 15, 2013 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MaineCareBHHInterest
- Applications Due: Friday, December 6, 2013
- Implementation of Behavioral Health Homes Program: April 1, 2014
**Due to a limited number of phone lines for webinar participants, please register by 5:00 PM on October 25, 2013 by clicking here.
Information Session Materials:
- BHH Forum Presentation Augusta 10/29/13 PowerPoint
- BHH Recording from the 10/30/13 Webinar
- BHH Rates and Staffing Assumptions (.xls)
September 2013 Public Forums
- Behavioral Health Homes Presentation from the 9/26/2013 Portland PowerPoint
- VBP Recording from the Augusta 09/16/2013 Webinar (Behavorial Health Homes is the first of three presentations)
Health Homes for Members with Chronic Conditions (Stage A) is the first stage of the Health Homes program.
For more information about the Health Home program, go to the archives webpage.
For questions, please contact Kitty Purington.