The Office of MaineCare Services, formerly the Bureau of Medical Services, Division of Policy and Provider Services performs rulemaking to implement and update policies for the programs listed below. Adopted rules for these programs are available on the Secretary of State (SOS) website.
- Maine State Services Manual - MaineRX and DEL (10-144, Department of Health and Human Services, Chapter 104)
- Medical Eye Care (10-144, Department of Health and Human Services, Chapter 107)
- Quality Oversight for Commercial Health Maintenance Organizations (10-144, Department of Health and Human Services, Chapter 109)
- Free Care Guidelines (10-144, Department of Health and Human Services, Chapter 150)
- Maine Certificate of Need Procedures Manual for Health Care Facilities - Other Than Nursing Care Facilities (10-144, Department of Health and Human Services, Chapter 503)
Proposed, recently adopted and emergency rules for the programs are posted
below. Any policy clarifications regarding adopted policies are also posted
Note: Although adopted rules are posted on the SOS website, there is always a delay between the effective date the Office of MaineCare Services adopts a rule and the date it is posted on the SOS website. Therefore, the Office of MaineCare Services posts recently adopted rules here until they are posted on the SOS website.
For information regarding Manufacturer Prescription Drug Fees
|Maine State Services Manual, Chapter 104, Section 4, Maine Part D Wrap Benefits||WORD|
|Concise Summary: This rule will retroactively amend the description of prescription drug rate changes for Maine Part D Wrap Benefits and eliminate the need to annualize changes through rulemaking. The Department pays 100% of the participant’s co-payment for generic drugs, and 50% of the participant’s co-payment for brand name drugs up to $10.00. This rule retains the same level of the co-payment benefit for participants.|
|Submit Comments (Opens in new window) - Comment Deadline: June 8, 2013||Posted: May 9, 2013|