For MaineCare Members
- Applying for MaineCare (Medicaid)
- Changes in MaineCare Benefits
- Contact Us
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- MaineCare Resources for Members
- MaineCare Projects
MaineCare is available to people who meet the income guidelines and are eligible based on health care needs, age, and family situations.
To apply for MaineCare, you can do one of the following:
- Go to MyMaineConnection to see if you are eligible or to apply for MaineCare.
- Call the main telephone line at 1-(800)-442-6003, (207)-624-4168, TTY 711.
- Print an application and mail it to your local office.
- Call or visit your local Department of Health and Human Services office.
Private Health Insurance Premium (PHIP) Benefit is for MaineCare members who are eligible for MaineCare. The program pays for a member's private health insurance premium.
- PHIP Brochure (.pdf)
- To apply for PHIP call: 1-800-977-6740, TTY: 711.
Katie Beckett is for children who have special health needs.
- To find out what benefit package you have and what services are covered by MaineCare, contact MaineCare Member Services at: 1-800-977-6740, TTY: 711 or Email: MaineCareMember@molinahealthcare.com
- For questions about Prescription drug benefits mail order options, and generic drugs, contact the Pharmacy Help Desk at: 1-866-796-2463, TTY: 711.
- To apply for MaineCare or for name, address and other changes, contact your local Department of Health and Human Services local office.
- July 2013: Notice of Changes to Drugs for the Elderly and Disabled (DEL) Benefit
- June 2013: Medicaid/Medicare Mail-Order Diabetic Testing Supplies
- June 2013: Elimination of Intensive Mental Health Services for Infants and/or Toddlers (Ch. II, Section 97, PNMI, Appendix D: Child Care Facilities)
- March 2013: Therapeutic and Hospital Leave Days
- December 2012: Changes to opioid, Suboxone, and methadone coverage
- Pain Management Program webpage has more information about changes to opioid treatment coverage
- Addiction Services webpage has more information about changes to Suboxone and methadone coverage
- Find a MaineCare Provider
- MaineCare Member Handbook explains the basics of the MaineCare Program in easy-to-understand terms. MaineCare has different benefits based on your income, age, medical needs, and family situation.
- Proposed, Recently Adopted, Emergency and Other Rules for MaineCare rules changes.
- MaineCare Benefits Manual is the legal document explaining covered services.
- MaineCare's Preferred Drug List (PDL) lists medication your doctor can prescribe without special permission from MaineCare.
- Co-pay schedule lists how much MaineCare members pay for care and prescription drugs. Updated 09/24/2012
Private computer system for doctors, hospitals, and other caregivers to share medical information.
- Summary document about the IHOC project (.pdf) Updated 1/10/2013
For information about the new transportation system, see the Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) webpage for MaineCare members.