Planned Disaster Recovery Testing from 6:00 AM Saturday October 12 – 12:00 PM October 14
October 9, 2013
MIHMS and the Health PAS Online Portal will be unavailable from 6:00 AM on Saturday, October 12, 2013 through Monday, October 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM (noon). MaineCare will perform a scheduled Disaster Recovery Test on the system during this time.
Payment Processing Cycle Impact:
- Claims adjudicated during the October 5th cycle starting at 12:01 AM through October 10th at midnight (6 days) will be paid on October 16th.
- Claims adjudicated during the October 11th cycle starting at 12:01 AM through October 18th at midnight (8 days) will be paid on October 23rd. Claims adjudicated during October 19th cycle, will return to seven (7) day processing and payment cycles. During the test period, the Health PAS Online Portal will be unavailable. Providers and billing agents can:
- Check MaineCare eligibility through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) by calling 1-866-690-5585. Eligibility verification data will be current as of Friday, October 11th.
- Expect payments to be on the regular weekly schedule, but please note:
- Payments for the week ending October 11th will include four (4) days of claims rather than a full week.
- Payments for the week ending October 18th will include six (6) days of claims rather than a full week.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), PDF Remittance Advices (RAs) and 835s will not be affected. Paper RAs and checks will be on schedule.
- The portal will be available until 6:00 AM on Saturday, October 12th so that you can download your 835s prior to the scheduled downtime.
- For the entire period of the Disaster Recovery exercise, the maintenance page will be displayed on the portal.
While the Health PAS Online Portal is unavailable, providers and billing agents cannot:
- Submit Direct Data Entry (DDE) or electronic claims
- View any portal documents
- Retrieve a PDF RA or 835
- Perform a new provider enrollment or submit a maintenance case for an existing enrollment
- Use any portal functionality (Including 837, 270 or 271 submissions)