Hospital Discharge and Transportation Brokers
August 5, 2013
Effective August 1, 2013, MaineCare has a new brokerage system for Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) available to members receiving medically necessary services. The new system centers around the MaineCare member’s place of residence. For MaineCare members who require MaineCare NET at discharge, please arrange the ride with the NET broker in the region of his/her residence or discharge destination, if not the same as the member’s residence. Please note, the phone numbers that members call are not the same as the numbers that providers call.
The transit regions and broker contacts for providers to use are as follows:
Coordinated Transportation Solutions (CTS) for regions 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 1-855-262-0851 (medical providers) 1-855-262-0850 (transportation providers)
- Region 1: All of Aroostook County, as well as Danforth and Patten
- Region 2: All of Hancock County, including Isle au Haut, and all of Washington County excluding Danforth.
- Region 4: All of Kennebec County and all of Somerset County.
- Region 5: All of Knox County, all of Lincoln County, all of Sagadahoc County, all of Waldo County, as well as Brunswick and Harpswell.
- Region 6: All of Cumberland County, except Brunswick and Harpswell.
- Region 7: All of Androscoggin County; all of Franklin County; and all of Oxford County except Porter, Hiram, Brownfield, Denmark, Sweden, Fryeburg, Lovell, Stow, and Stoneham.
Penquis CAP for region 3
1-855-437-5883 - Region 3: All of Penobscot County, excluding Patten; and all of Piscataquis County. LogistiCare for region 8 1-877-659-1305 - Region 8: All of York County, and Porter, Hiram, Brownfield, Denmark, Sweden, Fryeburg, Lovell, Stow, and Stoneham.
For NET broker contacts for members and more information about the new system, visit the NET webpage.