- Claims Billing and Rates
- General News
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Non-Emergency Transportation Project
- Policy-Related Announcements
- Provider Enrollment
See archives for older news items.
Fee Schedule Changes, CR 19681 - October 14, 2014
MaineCare will be changing the way the fee schedules are posted on the Health PAS Online Portal. They will no longer be posted as tabs within one file. They will now be posted as individual files in three different formats, CSV, .PDF and EXCEL (2003). Before using this new version of the fee schedules, please take some time to read the MaineCare Fee Schedule Preface (found with the fee schedule) for important information regarding the use of the fee schedules. The files will be updated weekly, on Mondays, beginning October 20, 2014.
You can find the fee schedule in the Provider Fee Schedule folder on the Health PAS Online Portal.
Some tips for using these files:
- CSV can be saved to any version of EXCEL
- We recommend using freeze top row view in EXCEL
- We recommend that you enable filtering under the data menu
- We do not recommend working with printed versions because these files are updated weekly and these documents are very large
- If you need to print these files, we recommend that you set the header row to repeat
Code and Rate Additions, Deletions, and Corrections - October 14, 2014
The “Code and Rate Additions, Deletions, and Corrections” spreadsheets have recently been updated. The spreadsheets are used to notify you of code and rate changes. You can view these spreadsheets on the "Claims, Billing, and Enrollment webpage. We will send a listserv update when new information is added.
Re-Opening of Practice Application for Participation in Stage A Health Homes, Serving Members with Chronic Physical Conditions - October 15, 2014
Please see corrected application link (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHPApplicationJan2015) in red below: Health Homes are an important component of Maine’s Value-Based Purchasing strategy, a multi-pronged MaineCare initiative designed to improve the health care system, improve population health, and reduce cost. Modeled after Maine’s Multi-Payer Patient Centered Medical Home Pilot, Health Homes partner with Community Care Teams and Behavioral Health Home organizations to serve MaineCare members with chronic physical conditions and members with serious mental health needs. Participating practices receive $12.00 per member, per month to provide population-based Health Home services to MaineCare members with chronic conditions, and $15.00 per member per month for MaineCare members with serious mental health needs. Both adults and children may be enrolled in the Health Home program. Applications open Wednesday, October 15, 2014 and close Friday, November 14, 2014. Practices with more than one location must complete a separate application for each location. To access the online application on or after October 15, please go to: "https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHPApplicationJan2015">https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHPApplicationJan2015">"https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHPApplicationJan2015
- Practices that apply and qualify will be eligible to participate in both Stage A and Stage B Health Home Programs as of January 21, 2015. Practices that are already participating in Stage A Health Homes do no need to apply to participate in Stage B. These practices may contact MaineCare with any questions about participation in Stage B. To review the current MaineCare regulation on Health Homes, please go to: < a href="http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/10/144/ch101/c2s091.doc">http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/10/144/ch101/c2s091.doc
- A webinar for interested primary care providers will be held on Friday, October 24, at 12:00 PM. To register for the webinar, please send your organization’s name, participant name, phone and email to HH-BHH-Services.DHHS@maine.gov
- Additional information about the Health Home and Behavioral Health Home initiatives can be found at MaineCare's Value-Based Purchasing website: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oms/vbp/index.html