Latest News for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
What is the HIT Incentive/ Meaningful Use Program?
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program was created by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH). CMS will administer the Medicare EHR Incentive Program and State Medicaid agencies will administer the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
The program pays 100% federally funded incentives to eligible professionals (EPs) and hospitals for adopting, implementing, upgrading and demonstrating meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
How to get Incentive Payments
- EHR Medicaid Incentive Program Guide (.pdf)
- Informational Guide on Skipping ProgramYears
- Meaningful Use Wizard Guide
- 30% Medicaid Eligibility worksheet 2013(.xls)
- Stage1_2013 changes (.pdf)
Additional HIT web pages
- MU Stage 2: Meaningful Use Stage 2 Tipsheet (CMS)
- MaineCare’s HIT Program
- Health Information Exchange
- Office of the State Coordinator (OSC) for HIT
Maine's Approved State Medicaid Health Plan
E-mail the EHR Help Desk your questions!