Welcome to Maine SNAP-Ed
Maine SNAP-Ed is a program designed to help Maine SNAP eligible residents learn how to shop, prepare, cook and eat healthy food on a tight budget. For more details, view an overview of the program (pdf).
How it Works
Maine's SNAP-Ed program offers fun and free classes, workshops and resources for all ages. We provide you with real tips and tricks to help you feed your family healthy foods on a budget. The sessions are free and are offered locally at convenient times.
Maine’s SNAP-Ed program offers programs for every age – tried and true sessions that are fun and informative.
Click on a link below to learn more about any of our program offerings:
- Eat Well, Play Hard in Child Care Settings
- Pick a Better Snack & Act for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Grade Students
- Nutrition to Grow on for 4th, 5th, 6th, Grade Students
- Eat Fit Program for 6th 7th & 8th Grade Students
- Eat Smart, Live Strong for Adults 60 - 74 years
- Eat Together, Eat Better for families
- Cooking Matters ® at the Store
- Cooking Matters ® Classes for Adults
- Cooking Matters ® Classes for Teens
- Single Session Nutrition Education Classes for anyone
With a grant from the USDA, administered by the Maine DHHS Office of Family Independence and the University of New England, Maine SNAP-Ed offers classes and resources through local Healthy Maine Partnerships.
For more information contact: Mainesnapfirstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-221-4560
For more information or to find a session or class near you, please email email@example.com or call 207-221-4560.