Maine Child Support: Division of Support Enforcement & Recovery (DSER)
Client Services - the Division of Support Enforcement & Recovery provides two levels/types of service.
A full service case is one in which the Division assists in:
- Establishing paternity for children born out of wedlock and establishing child support orders for current and past support.
- Establishing child support orders including medical support and child care obligations.
- Locating non-custodial parents.
- Enforcing child support, spousal support, medical support, and child care obligations.
- Recording and distributing child support payments. (How payments are distributed) (Adobe PDF*) (*free viewer)
- Reviewing and taking necessary steps to modify child support orders when circumstances change.
To Request Services: Application Non- Welfare
In a limited services case. If you or the other parent serves an income withholding order, the Department will process those payments. The Department's only responsibility on a limited services case is to accept and disburse payments. The Department will keep records of payments received.