Maine Child Support: Division of Support Enforcement & Recovery (DSER)
Establishing Paternity For Your Child
Information Provided By
The Maine Acknowledgment of Paternity Project (MAPP)
- What is paternity and why it is important?
- What to do if you are a mother and afraid or concerned for your child's safety.
- Where to sign a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity (AOP) and its cost.
- Parents' rights and responsibilities?
- How to fill out a voluntary AOP form.
- What is genetic testing and where to get it done.
- Whose name gets placed on a child's birth certificate?
- Frequently asked questions and answers (FAQ's).
- For more information about paternity forms, videos, posters, certified copies and birth certificates.