Health and Safety
There are many concerns regarding Health and Safety and child care and luckily there are also many resources childcare providers can access about those topics. Below is a listing of some resources and organizations that may be able to offer assistance around Health and Safety issues.
(click on their logo to visit their website)
The goals of the Healthy Child Care America Campaign are to provide:
- Safe, healthy child care environments for all children, including those with special health needs
- Up-to-date and easily accessibly immunizations for children in child care
- Access to quality health, dental, and developmental screening and comprehensive follow-up for children in child care
- Health and mental health consultation, support, and education for all families, children and child care providers
- Health, nutrition and safety education for children in child care, their families, and child care providers.
Healthy Child Care Maine
- ABCs of Safe and Healthy Child Care
- Resource materials, including books, videos, and materials may be available through the RDCs Lending Library
- A Health Consultant is available by phone for questions relating to health and safety in child care.
- A Mental Health Consultant is also available by phone for questions relating to mental and emotional health of children in your care.
- Their website offers a Health and Safety section, with information of many topics ranging from germs to Home Safety checklists, Bicycle Helmets, and Burns.