Steps to choosing Child Care - Take the Time to Make the Right Choice for Your Family
From a publication of:
Maine Department of Health and Human Services,
Early Childhood Services - Child Care and Head Start
Choosing Quality Child Care in Maine
Choosing child care is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. A good child care setting can have a positive impact on the development of your child. Remember, it is up to you to choose care for your child. When you have found a program that meets your family's and child's needs, stay involved, ask questions, and talk with your care giver each day about your child.
- Step One - Places to look, people to ask
- Step Two - Phone ahead and ask questions
- Step Three - Choose at least three places that seem to fit your needs. Make an appointment to visit each one with your child, if possible.
- Step Four - Use this checklist when you visit.
- Step Five - Putting it together
- Step Six - Start Out on the Right Step
- Child Care Options Available in Maine
- Other Options