Child Protection (Abuse, neglect or exploitation)
- Abuse - Report Child Abuse - The child abuse hotline is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Child Abuse Action Network - The Child Abuse Action Network (CAAN) is a multi-disciplinary, public and private sector committee committed to enhancing the professional and public response to child abuse in Maine.
- Handbook for Parents - Describes rights parents have during a child abuse and neglect assessment.
- Mandated Reporters - Information and resources for people who are required by law to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Overview of Child Protection - an overview of the procedure followed when investigating allegations of child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Child Welfare Services Practice Model - Child and Family Services joins with families and the community to promote long-term safety, well-being, and permanent families for children. This practice model guides our work with children and their families.
- Maine Child Abuse Statistics Each year the Office of Child and Family Services produces an annual CPS Report that provides information regarding the number of child abuse reports received each year and what happens with those reports. The information provided includes report source, family composition, numbers of families where child maltreatment was found, age and sex of maltreatment victims, and other general categories.
For more information:
If you haven't found what you're looking for, visit our pages for: