Children's Behavioral Health

Where do I start if my child needs help?

  • Family Information Specialist (FIS) - Staff you may speak with when you first call your local office.  Often you will be speaking with a parent who has raised a child with special needs. They can give you lots of information about resources that you may need as a parent of a child with special needs.

  • For information on who can help. contact
  • How do I get help for my child?
    Your child’s doctor/case manager must refer your child for an evaluation to see what your child may need. List of evaluation sites
  • How can I pay for what my child needs?
    Some children may be eligible for MaineCare even if a family’s income is over the allowable amount. This option is called Katie Beckett
  • Where do I apply for Maine Care or Katie Beckett?
    Office finder