Children's Behavioral Health
Where do I start if my child needs help?
- Family Information Specialist (FIS) - Staff you may speak with when you first call your local office. Often you will be speaking with a parent who has raised a child with special needs. They can give you lots of information about resources that you may need as a parent of a child with special needs.
- For information on who can help. contact
- How do I get help for my child?
Your child’s doctor/case manager must refer your child for an evaluation to see what your child may need. List of evaluation sites
- How can I pay for what my child needs?
Some children may be eligible for MaineCare even if a family’s income is over the allowable amount. This option is called Katie Beckett
- Where do I apply for Maine Care or Katie