On this page:
- Behavioral Health Professional - provide curriculum development, training, technical assistance, and quality improvement for staff working with children and families
- Muskie Center for Learning - provides a diverse array of competency-based training opportunities for staff working for the State
- [Back to top]
- Behavioral Health Training Opportunities - Links to DHHS, Muskie School of Learning, statewide, regional, and national training resources
- Child and Adolescent Needs & Strengths (CANS) Training
- New targeted case management providers & general CANS information contact Mike Parker Mike.Parker@maine.gov Phone: 822-0139
- For CANS Rater training information contact Veronica Dumont Veronica.Dumont@maine.gov Phone: 624-7990
- CANS Training Registration form – Targeted Case Managers - register for CANS Online Training offered by the Praed Foundation
- CANS information previously located here has been moved and a link to it is now in the left-hand column of this page and labeled CANS.
- Child and Adolescent Functional Assessment Scale (CAFAS) Training (Effective 2/1/14 Treatment Foster Care only, TCM refer to CANS training above)
- CHAT Self training materials for Treatment Foster Care only
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire Screening Tools
- The ASQ & ASQ: Social Emotional are screening tools and may be used to assess children ages 0-5 years receiving targeted case management services; however, they are not required. Providers need not submit results to the Department of Health and Human Services for the purpose of data collection.
- If Providers choose to use the ASQ & ASQ: SE tools, all materials may be obtained by contacting www.brookespublishing.com or by calling 1-800-638-3775
- Respite for ME - Information resource for Respite Care providers and for those care providers interested in becoming certified.
- Staff Education and Training Unit (SETU) - Open to all DHHS employees and the staff of agencies providing services for DHHS
- [Back to top]