Reportable Events (including Critical Incidents)
OCFS is moving to an electronic system of collection of Reportable Events (including Critical Incidents) This electronic submission will combine the Reportable Event and Critical Incident reporting into one. The electronic system identified will be web-based through the Enterprise Information System (EIS), which is already familiar for many providers. This system will replace faxed event reporting and some types of aggregate monthly data reporting and is the same system used by the Office of Aging and Disability Services, allowing continuity of information across offices.
Mandated Reporters are:
Maine law states that certain people must report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of an adult if they believe the adult is incapacitated or dependent. Maine law also states that certain people must report to the Department if they know or have reasonable cause to suspect that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected. The training links below are to on-line self-paced training covering all aspects of mandatory reporting in Maine for children and adultsclick here for more information
- Clarity Reportable Events for 18-20 year olds
- Client over 18 in an OADS (DD)adult service use DS Reportable Events instrument
- Client over 18 in a SAMHS (MH) adult services use OCFS Reportable Events instrument, OCFS will route to SAMHS
- Client over 18 but under 21 in a CBH children’s service use OCFS Reportable Event instrument, OCFS will route as necessary to OADS & SAMHS.
- Client in ITRT Transition Residential Treatment, regardless of age, use OCFS Reportable Event Instrument and OCFS will route as necessary.
- Provider Memos
5/20/14 Rolling out electronic reporting of reportable events and critical incidents. read more...
- Training Video
- To request EIS Access, EIS removal, EIS password reset or any staff updates please fill out form below:
- For EIS data entry corrections please fill out form below:
- EIS Time Out Warning
- EIS Troubleshooting
- EIS Helpdesk Numbers
To Report child abuse or neglect and/or institutional abuse:
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Call Maine Relay 711
The Maine Child & Family Services line is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.