Developmental Services - Provider Directory
Provider Information - Momentum, Inc.
Agency Name: Momentum
Location: 28 Gilman Plaza, Suite 5, Bangor Maine 04401
Contact Person: Sandi Macomber, Regional Director
Telephone #: 207-907-4501
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Address: www.momentumme.com/home.htm
Description of Services: Momentum provides a unique and consumer driven adventure based program in the Bangor community that allows growth and encouragement for everyone to reach his or her potential. Services are available to individuals age 18 and over who want to gain some confidence and new experiences in many areas of their lives. This program promotes self-advocacy, safety awareness, independence and adventure while providing a great quality to peoples lives. Supports are provided in a small group setting based on the individuals strengths and needs. Many opportunities for choice and new experiences are offered daily. Our skilled, dedicated and compassionate DSP's are trained and are strong advocates for indivuals growth and achievement. Our certified staff provide support, guidance and assistance in helping folks find their inner talents and help them build on their abilities and self-reliance. All activities are individualized, therapeutic and goal oriented while promoting social networks, meaningful relationships, and adventure! Examples of Momentum's comprehensive community activities include but are not limited to:
- Exploration of community
- Adventure activities through "Nature Trek"such as fishing, canoeing, kayaking, boating, white water rafting, ice fishing, camping, skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, biking, nature walks, etc.
- Culinary Arts program
- Healthy lifestyle
- Many volunteering opportunities which helps establish Job skill development and a sense of helping others in the community.
- Social Networking such as: Dances, Fairs, block parties, etc.
- Physical fitness programming such as YMCA events, swimming, and many other opportunities for exercies.
- Special Olympics team -practice and events,
- Art Trek which offers folks a chance to achieve and increase folks confidence and talents.
- Woodworking, Gardening, Construction/building, cooking, baking, pottery, Zumba, Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, and many, many other opportunities for folks to engage with others and build confidence.