Developmental Services - Provider Directory
Provider Information - hear Me now
Agency Name: hear Me now
Location: 4 Fundy Rd. Suite 4, Falmouth, ME
Contact Person: Pam Dawson
Telephone #: 207-781-7199
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Address: www.hear-me-now.org
Description of Services:hear ME now!, Maine's leading auditory oral education center, is committed to supporting children and adults with hearing loss, their families, and their communities. We are uniquely qualified to provide the resources, technology, and innovative teaching necessary to foster opportunities to learn to listen and speak.
- Early intervention services in the home – how to help your baby learn to listen through play
- Parent support gatherings
- Consultative support to community preschools by an auditory oral teacher of the deaf
- School age supports and consultation
- Professional development for speech pathologists and early childhood educators
- Adult rehabilitation for cochlear implant recipients
We use an auditory approach to spoken language development. Auditory oral education is based on the perspective that acquiring competence in spoken language, both receptively and expressively, is a realistic goal for children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Research shows the first 5 years of life are critical to the development of the auditory cortex, the part of the brain that receives and processes spoken language input. Infants and children with hearing loss require early, consistent use of amplification and early intervention and spoken language practice with professionals trained in integrating auditory skills development.