Developmental Services - Employment Services and Supports
OADS supports individuals to access the services they require to obtain and maintain employment. Assistance to plan for employment, discover interests and abilities and access services that will assist someone on their path to employment are available through various waiver options for eligible individuals. Employment in an integrated business alongside of coworkers without disabilities making equitable wages and benefits is the desired outcome.
For more information contact:
Lisa Sturtevant, Employment Coordinator
Maine DHHS - OADS
Phone: 207 822-0328
On this page:
- DHHS Employment of People Served Policy (pdf*)
- OADS Employment Practice Guidelines
- Working Procedures for Adult Developmental Services and Vocational Rehabilitation (word*)
- Guidelines for use of Employment Services in Medicaid Programs for Developmental Services (word*)
- CMS-Updates to the 1915© Waiver Instructions and Technical Guide regarding employment and employment related services (pdf*)
- Tools for People to Plan for Employment
- Support Employment (pdf*) - What you need to know in order to support people when they are employed
- Employment Talking Points (pdf*) - Tips on how to talk about employment with people you support
- VR/Developmental Services Request of Confirmation of Long Term Support (word*)
- Workplace Culture Survey-ICI-Boston (pdf*)
- Workplace Culture and Building Natural Support-ICI - Boston (word*)
- Tools for People with Disabilities and Families to Plan for Employment
- Getting ready to work! (pdf*)
- Working with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) (pdf*)
- How will Employment affect your Benefits? - a free resource to plan for employment and its potential effects on benefits
- Maine Business and Labor Information including Snapshot 2012 data on Employment for Mainers with Disabilities Report
- Employment for ME-Workforce Development for Employment Providers from Syntiro Inc.
- Employment for ME - a clearing house for Maine Employment Information
- Maine Association for People Supporting EmploymentFirst (APSE)
- Maine Business Leadership Network - a business to business approach in conjunction with The Maine State Chamber
- Customized Employment resources and websites
- Griffin-Hammis Associates, LLC is a full service consultancy specializing in developing communities of economic cooperation and self-employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Marc Gold & Associates consists of a network of consultants that provide training and technical assistance to systems, agencies, and families interested in ensuring the complete community participation of people with significant disabilities.
- TASH is dedicated to increasing the employment rate for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and eliminating segregated work environments and sub-minimum wages.
- The CDE is a collaborative of several leading disability and business organizations convened by ODEP to work together to address disability employment.
- Resources and Stories
- Stories about the Employment Experience of Persons with Disabilities in Maine (word*)
- Employment for Individuals with Significant Disabilities and Supported Employment (word*) - Five Evidence-Based Practices