Developmental Services - Case Management Manual
Quality of Life:
Quality of Life is a category of service that balances freedom of choice and individual lifestyle, with personal responsibility and system accountability. The focus should always be on promoting the participant's personal competencies that would result in safety and freedom from abuse, neglect and exploitation. Such activities could include:
- Assist, coordinate and secure information on services and options that are available so that decisions are informed choices
- Offer assistance and coordination obtaining legal resources such as partial or full guardianship
- Assist in the coordination and/or mediation of problem resolutions that may arise with housing, employment, community membership and day support services
- Coordinate services, or engage directly with the participant, to avoid or resolve a crisis, or any other challenging personal situation.
- Assist, coordinate or complete any required reporting obligation