Independent Living Services
A wide range of independent living services are available for adults of all ages with disabilities. These services may include:
- Adaptive Equipment Loan Program
- Independent Living Skills Instruction
- Adapted Driver Evaluation and Training
- Adaptive and Mobility Equipment (high and low tech) and Selection (trial rentals)
- Adapted Transportation
- Access Design Consultation
- Information and Referral
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Services for adults who want to manage their own services.
For more information contact:
Bangor V/TTY: 1-800-300-6016
Presque Isle V/TTY: 1-800-974-6466
South Portland V/TTY: 1-800-640-7200
Two other agencies that focus on services for persons with disabilities:
Maine Consumer Information and Technology Training Exchange (CITE) has information about policies, programs and funding resources.
Technical Exploration Center of United Cerebral Palsy of Northern Maine has information and samples of high and low-tech assistance devices for people to try out. The Center also does assistance technology evaluations.
Bangor V/TTY: 207-941-2952