Medicare Savings Calculator
Instructions and More Information
|Call your local Area Agency on Aging at 1-877-353-3771 for a Medicare Savings Program application and help to fill it out.
|People with Medicare can also get MaineCare (Medicaid) benefits. Find out if you are eligible for help to pay your Medicare Part B premium ($115.40/month in 2011) and maybe more. Follow these five easy steps to use the Medicare Savings Calculator:
- Fill in the box to confirm that you have Medicare Part A (hospital insurance).
- Specify if you are applying for yourself or as a couple.
- Fill in the boxes with income and asset amounts.
- Press 'Calculate'.
- Read the results.
If you have questions or need help to use the Medicare Savings Calculator call us at 1-800-262-2232 (TTY: Maine relay 711).
- The information you enter on the Medicare Savings Calculator is private and cannot be seen by anyone but you.
- This MaineCare program is called the Medicare Buy-In Benefit. The Department of Health and Human Services does not seek recovery of Medicare premiums, co-payments and/or deductibles when a MaineCare member is enrolled only in the Medicare Buy-In benefit.
OADS Aging Medicare Savings Calculator Copyright 2008