Home care: Where to find It

Property Transfer

If you transferred or gave away anything of value, such as money, stocks, bonds or property, to anyone other than your spouse and did not get something of equal value in return, MaineCare may not help you with the cost of your nursing home bills.  This rule also applies if your spouse transferred anything.  For more information, contact your local Office of Intergrated Access and Support, Department of Health and Human Service office.