Home care: Where to find It

Nursing Home Denial/Discharge

If you or a family member have been receiving rehabilitation in a nursing home, but are found not eligible to stay there, the OADS Aging Services has two programs that may help. “Extraordinary Circumstances” and “Awaiting Placement in Residential Care”, are programs that provide short-term payment to nursing homes for residents who need financial help to stay in the nursing home until they can go back home or find another place to live.

For more information,

Paying Privately for Services

You can buy home care services with your own funds. Contact an agency near you that provides the services you are looking for and ask about their costs.

For each of the services listed in this booklet, you will find agencies in the county you live in, or in a county close by.