Home care: Where to find It

Legal Services for the Ederly

Legal Services for the Elderly (LSE) provides free legal services state-wide to people age 60 and older. They operate Advocates for Medicare Patients and have telephone help-line.

For more information call 1-800-750-5353.

Living Wills (Advance Directives)

Living Wills are also called “Advance Directives.” They are written instructions that explain your wishes regarding health care, should you have a terminal condition. They are called “living” wills, because they take effect while the person is still alive.

The other type of Advance Directive is a “Durable Power of Attorney.” A Durable Power of Attorney lets you name a person to make decisions for you if you become unable to do so.

Contact the OADS Aging Services at 1-800-262-2232, or 287-9200 or TTY Maine relay 711, for pamphlets on these topics, and for forms.